The Healthcare Initiative Foundation supports organizations that offer solutions to improve the quality and delivery of healthcare for residents of Montgomery County, Maryland.
The Healthcare Initiative Foundation considers grants to 501(c)(3) healthcare nonprofits that are based in Montgomery County, Maryland, or to nonprofits that have county-based health programs or activities.
Within our geographic and focus area, we consider efforts to:
- Improve the quality and delivery of healthcare;
- Expand the availability of comprehensive healthcare;
- Build appropriate capacity in the healthcare network; and
- Grow the healthcare workforce.
We generally consider new grants only after we make a site visit.
- To be considered for a possible site visit, send a brief, informal email (4 paragraphs or less) about your organization, its mission, programs, and clientele to: Jess.Fuchs@hifmc.org.
We make grants that:
- Start or grow well-conceived programs/organizations;
- Offer innovative solutions to improve the quality, accessibility and/or delivery of healthcare;
- Replicate successful (evidence based) programs from our own or other jurisdictions;
- Build organizational capacity to enhance sustainability and/or improve service delivery (e.g. planning, management, finance, fundraising, communications, etc.); and
- Leverage resources, whether human or financial (e.g. partnerships, matching or challenge funds).
We do not:
- Give to endowment funds or annual campaigns;
- Fund lobbying or political activities;
- Make grants to individuals;
- Provide funds to private foundations unless for a particular grant purpose;
- Fund a nonprofit system or organization, including its affiliate(s) that owns or operates an acute care hospital in Montgomery County, Maryland;
- Provide funds to cover bricks and mortar capital expenses;
- Replace government funding; or
- Fund religious activities, although secular health programs provided by a religious institution or its affiliate(s) may qualify.