1) Can our organization apply in more than one grant cycle?
Please pick your highest priority and submit just one application to HIF for consideration per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
HIF’s grant cycles include:
- Capacity Building: Open. Application dates and deadlines will be posted and updated accordingly.
- Small Grant Cycle: By Invitation.
- Emerging Needs: By Invitation. See below for more information on Emerging Needs.
2) Does the Foundation accept collaborative grant applications?
- Yes, the Foundation board encourages collaboration.
- Collaborative applications are welcome in both health and wellness service delivery and capacity building.
- For a collaborative application, please pick a lead agency and contact person.
- If you have submitted a collaborative application, your organization also has the opportunity to submit an independent application in the same fiscal year.
3) How do we apply?
- Grant applications are available through our online grant portal approximately six weeks before they are due. Refer to our Grantmaking Priorities and Calendar for updated information.
- We fund organizations that align with the mission, grantmaking priorities and with which we have a continuing relationship. Please review the Foundation’s Grant Guidelines. Please note that a site visit is typically required of organizations applying for the first time, prior to the board meeting at which the application will be considered. To request a site visit, send an email to HIF Staff.
4.) What if our organization has a need arise in-between Foundation grant cycles?
- If there is an emerging need in Montgomery County, MD outside of our typical grant cycle, please reach out to an HIF staff member to discuss the possibility of applying for an Emerging Needs application.
If you need further information please reach out directly through our Contact Us page.